Considerations for Seamless Integration of Automated Machining Systems
Automated machining systems have become key components in the success of U.S. manufacturing. They can be applied and configured to meet a variety of needs, across nearly all industries. Despite the many benefits, the complexity of automated machining systems can oftentimes be intimidating to first-time investors. The purpose of this white paper is to provide manufacturers with the necessary insights to confidently plan and prepare for the seamless integration of a new automated manufacturing system.
Manufacturers will learn how to properly specify the exact details of their unique manufacturing needs. This includes defining production requirements, detailing necessary equipment investments, and outlining the steps for planning the layout of an automated manufacturing system.
Investments in automated machining systems affect more than just the shop floor. As such, it’s important to develop a sound business case to support these investments, and to prepare all departments within your company with a solid understanding of how automation will impact everyone’s role. This paper also recommends how to select the right suppliers and integration partners, and it explains participants’ internal and external roles and how they affect the process.
A discussion of the advantages and expected benefits of automation provide manufacturers with the confidence and insights to achieve internal buy-in for building a globally competitive manufacturing environment.
This white paper aims to help answer the following questions:
Download the full white paper >
- What do I need to know before purchasing an automated machining system?
- What is the proper way to plan for an automated manufacturing system?
- What equipment is needed to develop a reliable automated machining system?
- How can I justify the purchase of an automated manufacturing system to company ownership and accounting?
- How do I determine the best layout for an automated manufacturing system?
- Do I need to hire a consultant when investing in manufacturing automation?
- What benefits can I expect from an automated machining systems?