in real-world production environments.
H.E.A.T. (High-Energy Applied Technology) is a Makino advancement in wire EDM technology that dramatically reduces cutting times while maintaining exceptional part straightness with one- or two-pass cutting accuracy.
• H.E.A.T. cuts parts 18 to 44 percent faster than conventional wire EDM approaches while holding tolerances of straightness to 0.0005" (T.I.R.) with one pass and 0.0002" (T.I.R.) with two passes.
• H.E.A.T. increases skim speeds by 50 to 100 percent in real-world applications and conditions including poor flushing situations, non-sealed nozzle applications, parts with uneven surface thickness and through holes as well as parts up to 6 inches tall.
• H.E.A.T. delivers high-speed performance in difficult, real-world EDM production environments, especially job shops specializing in medical, aerospace and similarly demanding parts.
New H.E.A.T. addresses all types of available wires for cutting tool steels:
• Brass and coated wires
• Paraffin and non-paraffin wires
• High zinc
H.E.A.T. generator enhancements:
• BellyWIZARD™ - Unmatched part straightness
• CornerWIZARD™ - Excellent geometry control
• PowerWIZARD™ - Superior wire-break prevention/optimized machining speed and flushing control
Join the discussion. Visit our EDMmatters blog to view posts and conversations on the latest technologies and processes in wire and Ram EDM.
More Information is available in the form of an archived online seminar. To watch this 22-minute online seminar from Makino titled “I’m Packing H.E.A.T.,” go to our “Webinar Library.”