Makino WIRE EDM machines combine a diverse mix of high performance capabilities, low operating costs, and advanced user-friendly operation that provide optimum efficiency on the production floor.
All Makino EDM products utilize the modern Hyper i control system that provides the same streamlined and efficient user interface for both Wire and RAM EDM machines. The standardization of the Hyper i control system for Makino EDM products signifies a paradigm shift in operational efficiency, as this minimizes training requirements while improving operator capability and productivity. The Hyper i control delivers new levels of user-friendliness with its high definition large 24” touch screen interface that makes use of Pinch, Swipe, and Spread touch functions similar to smartphones and tablets, making operation very intuitive and straightforward.
The Hyper i control revolutionizes the interface between the operator and the machine, and operation is organized into logical 3-Step process of Program, Setup, and Run. The user friendliness of the Hyper i control is further enhanced with the integration of on-board digital manuals, intelligent E-Tech Doctor help functions, and video training tutorials that empower the operator with many helpful support tools right at their fingertips. The Hyper i control improves productivity through intelligent design and streamlining of machine operation and control interface so that all operator skill levels can achieve the most efficient results.
The UPN-01 is an oil based di-electric Horizontal Wire EDM machine with that achieves the highest level of precision in the sub-micron range with the highest level of surface finish capability that make it the ideal choice for small electronics, medical, and micromachining applications. Its design specifically enhances the unattended operation of small wire and small part detail operation.
The UPV-3 and UPV-5 machines are oil based di-electric Wire EDM machines that provide ultra-high accuracy and the best possible surface finish quality. The machines have a unique stationary work table design that has a programmable 3-sided rise and fall work tank design that provides excellent access to the work zone while simplifying automation requirements.
The U32j and U53j machines provide high accuracy and fine surface finish capability. The machines utilize a stationary work table design with a programmable rise and fall 3-Sided work tank that provides excellent access to the work zone while simplifying automation requirements.
The U3 and U6 machines offer and excellent combination of precision and surface finish capability. These machines are equipped with a Round Wire Guide configuration that simplifies machine maintenance, and feature a stationary work table design with an automatic rise and fall front door.
The U3 H.E.A.T. and U6 H.E.A.T. machines offers excellent combination of precision and surface finish capability with enhanced roughing speeds especially for poor flush applications. These machines are configured with a Split-V Wire Guide system, and feature a stationary work table design with an automatic rise and fall front door.
The U86 and U1310 machines deliver outstanding speed and accuracy to large and heavy part details. These machines feature a stationary work table design with a programmable 3-sided rise and fall work tank design that provides excellent access to the work zone for loading and unloading of large parts, and are configured with a Split-V Wire Guide system and high capacity wire spool for extended unattended operation.
Makino has developed many advanced leading-edge generator technologies that improve productivity and capability. The development of these adaptive control technologies provide enhanced machining speeds while delivering optimum accuracy, uniform surface finish with superior edge and metallurgical quality, destructive DC arc protection, and low electrode wear.
- HyperCut : is a special 3 Pass machining technology that achieves excellent part straightness, accuracy, and surface finish. This time savings technology can produce a 3µmRa (16µinRa) surface finish and 1µm (0.00004”) straightness with just 3 Pass machining. This performance represents a 20% reduction in cycle time and a 14% reduction in Wire Consumption.
- H.E.A.T. Technology: provides High Speed machining for poor or difficult flushing conditions, and is ideal for real world non-sealed applications such as uneven work piece features and through/cross holes. H.E.A.T. uses a combination of enhancements to dramatically increase cutting speed while maintaining part straightness and accuracy, and makes full use of Makino’s dual independent CNC controlled flushing pumps configuration.
- BellyWIZARD: is an exclusive Makino technology that provides “great straightness” of taller work pieces by as much as 40%, and can achieve tolerances of 5μm (0.0002”) over 300mm (12.0”). This efficiency-enhancing technology produces a straighter and more accurate work piece during the Rough Cut while also reducing wire consumption. From this improved precision, Finishing Passes are also faster and more accurate by having to remove less material and error from the final work piece.
- SurfaceWIZARD: produces unmatched surface quality that is free from wire gouge lines and dimensional errors caused by uneven or stepped work pieces. The high quality and high precision results, once thought as near impossible to achieve, can eliminate the need for post-process hand polishing.
- Pro-Tech Circuit: is a proprietary enhancement option that protects the work piece against rust. There is no need for harmful additives that may effect resin life as well as unpleasant side effects. Benefits are effective on several kind of materials such Steel, Carbide and Aluminum.
- Low Wire Consumption: the biggest expense in operating a Wire EDM machine is the consumed wire, and Makino has been the industry leader in low wire consumption technologies. There are no special settings or “part-time” buttons an operator has to enable to save on wire costs; every cutting condition, including sealed and poor flush applications, is automatically optimized and designed from the ground-up on the Makino for low wire consumption. Optimum Machining Performance is the ideal mix of Machining Speed, Part Accuracy, and Wire Consumption for the best combined efficiency, throughput, and cost. Only Makino can provide all 3 for every condition and application!
- WIZ CAM System: is a dedicated 2D and 3D programming system for Makino Wire EDM machines that incorporates all the machine cutting condition and offset data to create the most efficient and productive programs. The software provides the ability to import 2D and 3D data, has feature recognition and extraction of wire machining details, provides 2D and 3D program simulation, 2D CAD, and supports processing of coreless machining, taper machining, and 4 axis programming as standard functions. The WIZ CAM system is offered in a stand-alone PC version, or can be integrated into the Hyper i machine control.
- Remote Machine Monitoring: As part of efficient unattended machine operation, operators and supervisors alike may wish to monitor the machining progress while away from the machine. Makino offers two software options that provide a means of process updates. The EDM Mail option enables the machine to generate email text-based messages on any alarm/stop status or by timed intervals. The EDM Viewer option allows direct viewing of the machine control interface on a remote PC.
Make the most of every opportunity. Learn how Makino Engineering Services adds value at each step of every job for any machine. >>